Monday 26 September 2016

Lupron Side Effects

Oh good golly miss molly... Lupron = no fun at all. So yesterday I was getting the full flood of the emotional side effects and then last night and today I'm having the physical ones starting up.

Lupron Depot Symptom 1 - STOMACH ACHE
So my stomach is a gurgling mess. TMI alert but generally my "system" doesn't flow too regular... now its the opposite problem. I feel constantly mildly nauseous.

Lupron Depot Sympton 2 - INSOMNIA
So was super tired... yet I could NOT for the life of me, fall asleep last night. Nor could I stay asleep. I was a tossing turning mess. Couldn't sleep in either. So the cycle continues with me being very tired today.

Lupron Depot Symptom 3 - NASAL CONGESTION
Okay, so I have allergies and have recently seen a massive shift in the volume of my nasal congestion. I have basically had none (between allergy shots, and an air purifier). Yet as of yesterday, more so today, I have a serious stuffy nose going on. I did a quick search and it doesn't seem to be correlated, but I'm including since everyone is different and I believe it has had this affect on me. I'll update if it turns out I have a cold or something else random I can blame it on.

Lupron Depot Symptom 4 - HOT FLASHES
So far I don't mind this so much. I hate being cold... so I'm not too bothered. Ask me in a few weeks.

Lupron Depot Symptom 5 - CLAMMY SKIN
So my hands are now permanently clammy. They have a nice sheen to them constantly. Hubby won't so much want to hold my hand anymore. Maybe I should invest in a nice pair of pretty gloves?

So far that's all I'm experiencing that I can tell.... the symptom list from web md looks as follows so who knows what the future has in store for me... I'm particularly looking forward to facial hair. Ya that sounds fun... NOT.

  • hot flashes (flushing)
  • increased sweating
  • night sweats
  • chills
  • clammy skin
  • tiredness
  • swelling of the ankles/feet
  • increased urination at night
  • mental/mood changes (e.g., depression, mood swings)
  • dizziness
  • injection site reactions (burning, redness, stinging, pain, bruising, swelling,abscess)
  • acne
  • increased growth of facial hair
  • breakthrough bleeding in a female child during the first 2 months of Lupron Depot treatment
  • weakness
  • nausea
  • diarrhea
  • constipation
  • stomach pain
  • skin redness/itching/scaling
  • joint or muscle pain
  • vaginal itching or discharge
  • breast swelling or tenderness
  • testicle pain
  • impotence
  • loss of interest in sex
  • sleep problems (insomnia)
  • rash (including a painful rash with fever)
  • memory problems
  • blisters/sores
  • facial swelling
  • vaginitis
  • weight gain
  • headache

1 comment:

  1. Oh man!! That all sounds so miserable!! Hang in there lady!!

    ReplyDelete