Tuesday 5 April 2016

Day 16

Still sick and sore... and totally over it. Why can't I just feel better already!?


I do seem to be on the mend cold/flu wise... at least seems that way this morning. My nose isn't quite as runny, and I don't feel as foggy. In terms of my post-procedure pain, not sure. Just took some tylenol so perhaps that's helping, but little by little it seems to be getting better. But I'm talking minuscule sloth-like progress. I keep hoping that one day I'll wake up and magically feel like myself again, but morning after morning am disappointed.

My volleyball team has first round of playoffs tonight and of course I can't go. If we progress to Thursday semi-finals (and hopefully finals), I would love to be able to play, but I also really don't want to push/risk it before transfer day Friday. Lame, as I could really use a little activity, but that seems like a pipe dream at this point.

I had really forgotten how bad and long the recovery from egg-retrieval can be. Maybe it's because this time I had double the amount of eggs, but seriously, not fun, and I was whole-fully unprepared. So here you go...

Things to expect in recovery after IVF ER (egg-retrieval):

  • pain - if you experience ovulation pain, its quite similar but worse obviousy.
  • bloating - expect to look and feel pregnant already... it may be sensitive to the touch.
  • gas - probably a root cause of the above, but embarrassing and uncomfortable.
  • constipation - I'd really love to use the washroom. I read someone compare it to birthing a final egg that just didn't get retrieved and refuses to make its way into this world, and that's exactly how I feel. Also probably a cause of the three above.
  • fluctuating appetite - moments of nausea, followed by a ravenous need to eat protein.
  • anxiety - wondering if you're one of the ladies who is experiencing OHSS... you hypochondriac you...
  • anticipation - seriously the embryo update calls get you all in a funk... tomorrow update #2 can't come soon enough.
I'm sure there are plenty more. If you have anything to add... feel free to comment and I'll update!

I do have to say though. Homme InFertile has been taking good care of me. I don't know what I would have done if I had of needed to go back to work, or if he was working. He's been taking such good care of me that I've basically been on bed rest. I could get used to that part ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment